Being a parent does strange things to your life sometimes. One day you’re a care free adult who worries about catching the latest movie matinée and then bam! You got a kid and your new top priority is catching a few minutes for yourself during nap time, or figuring out how to stuff as many diapers into your coat so you don’t have to carry the diaper bag anymore. Your once normal life has been warped into some twisted family comedy about how kids change your life for better or worse.
Yeah it’s another list, but I figured I’d add my own interpretation of You Know You’re a (insert random thing here) When. So here goes…
You Know You’re a Parent When…
- You don’t set an alarm because your kids will wake you up 5 minutes before it’s about to go off anyway.
- Someone asks you how you’re doing and you automatically tell them how your kids are doing.
- Every pocket is packed with emergency snacks.
- You have Legos in your purse/wallet.
- You know the theme songs to every Saturday morning cartoon show and you sing them out loud.
- Your idea of a good day means being able to go to the bathroom without getting interrupted or being observed.
- The last shot you took was from a bottle of Nyquil.
- You think a date night is watching a movie on the couch and falling asleep before it ends.
- Every awesome thing you used to do as a kid is suddenly a deathtrap in your mind.
- Your negotiation technique always ends in promises of ice cream, even to your co-workers.
Lists are fun! Yay! Add some more in the comments below!
People who liked this also liked these: